Our environmental, health and safety policy is implemented by giving substance to the following key points:
- Ensuring adequate evaluation and proactive management of potential risks.
- Ensuring sufficient competence of personnel by providing adequate training.
- Minimizing the impact on the environment and ensuring recycling of materials.
- Safe handling of hazardous substances.
- Preventing damage to the environment, buildings, machines, materials and other facilities.
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishing and applying standard procedures and instructions.
- Implementing the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code) at the Sif Terminal at Maasvlakte 2.
We focus on continuous improvement through:
- Providing sufficient resources.
- Actively pursuing and maintaining a ‘no blame’ culture based on learning.
- Setting objectives aimed at continuous improvement.
- Conducting periodic reviews by measuring and analyzing performance.
It is a requirement for all employees to work in a safe and careful manner, in order to prevent danger and risks to themselves, others and the environment. A well-organized and clean working environment, discipline, respect for each other and our facilities are of fundamental importance here.
Sif launched the monopile at the beginning of this millennium and has now produced over 2,200 monopiles.
These monopiles contribute to the energy transition by serving as the foundation of offshore wind energy. However, we think this is not enough and we have chosen Sustainable Development Goals created by the United Nations that will guide our ESG improvement.